Welcome to the Central Huron 2018 Municipal Elections Page
The 2018 Municipal Election will be held on Monday, October 22, 2018
- Notice of Nomination for Office
- 2018 Municipal Election Procedures
- 2018 Voter's Guide
- 2018 Third Party Advertisers - New for 2018
- Candidates Information Package
- Candidates - Certified List
- Acclaimed Positions
- Central Huron Election Accessibility Plan
Internet & Telephone Voting
Central Huron will be using the telephone/internet method of voting again for this election. With this method you have a choice of voting by telephone or by internet. You will be able to cast your vote at any time during the voting period beginning Thursday, October 11th at 9:00 a.m. and ending Monday, October 22nd at 8:00 p.m. Please see the below videos for demonstration on how this will work:
Are you considering running for Council?
The next term of Council begins on December 1, 2018 and concludes in 2022.
The Nomination period opens on May 1, 2018 and closes on Nomination Day, July 27, 2018.
To run for Council, you must be an eligible elector in the Municipality of Central Huron. This means that you must be:
- A Canadian Citizen;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Reside in the Municipality, or be the owner or tenant of land in the Municipality, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
- Not prohibited from voting under any law.
Nomination Forms will be available from Tuesday, May 1st until Thursday, July 26th during regular business hours – Monday to Friday, (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), and on Nomination Day, Friday, July 27th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Nomination Form must be filed during that period of time at the Municipal Office, 23 Albert St., Clinton. The form will be available at the Municipal Office or on this web site.
For those considering running for council for the first time, the Association of Municipalities of Ontario offers an online orientation course – So You Want to Run for Council?
Additional information and notices will be posted during the course of the election.