The following primary contacts provide business owners with direct contacts to indiviuals that can assist with the process of establishing a business in the Municipality of Central Huron, and direct you to the resources needed to ensure success:
Cheif Administrative Officer
23 Albert Street
PO Box 400
Phone: (519) 482-3997 ext. 1232
The Local Food Fund is a three-year initiative with funding of up to $10 million per year to support innovative local food projects that reduce barriers to regional economic development; result in sustainable regional economic development; and have a positive impact on the Ontario economy. The Fund will support projects in the following categories:
- Regional and Local Food Networks
- Enhanced Technologies, Capacity and/or Minor Capital
- Research and Best Practices
- Education, Marketing and Outreach
Check out the website at www.omafra.gov.on.ca for program guides and how to apply.
The Rural Economic Development (RED) Program has up to $4.5 million funding per year for three years to help rural communities remove barriers to community development and promote economic growth to support sustainable rural economies and regions, while developing the capacity, tools and flexibility they need to become stronger, more prosperous communities.
RED Program Outcomes:
- Rural communities and regions have enhanced capacity to succeed
- Rural communities are healthy and vibrant
- Regions are economically competitive Check out the website at
- for program guides and how to apply.
Growing Forward 2 (GF2) is a comprehensive federal-provincial-territorial framework aimed at encouraging innovation, competitiveness and market development in Canada's agri-food and agri-products sector. In Ontario, farm, food and agri-product businesses, organizations and collaborations can build their own plan and select opportunities to help grow their profits, expand their markets and manage risks.
GF2 Desired Outcomes:
- Use best business and leadership practices
- Use energy, water and other inputs efficiently
- Better able to adapt to climate change
- Maximize labour productivity
- Access new and emerging markets
- Retain and expand existing markets
- Market products by adopting assurance systems and/or adding value such as agri-products and food for health to meet buyer demand
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to risks
Reduce key risks
Check out the website at ontario.ca/growingforward2 for program guides and how to apply.