Home > Municipal Guide > Departments > Protective Services > Animal Services > Dog Licensing

Animal Control Services: Dog Licencing

The Municipality of Central Huron requires that all dogs be licenced. The licence tag must remain attached to the dog at all times.

Licences can be obtained in person at 23 Albert Street in Clinton, or by Contacting the Municipal Office.

Remember, a properly registered and licenced dog can easily be

identified and returned to its owner if it is hurt or lost!

The Bylaw clearly states that an owner is responsible and liable for the actions of their dog. While on its home ground or under competent control, a dog is not likely to bite a neighbour's child, attack other pets or foul private or public property. It runs little risk of being bitten by a wild rabid animal and becoming a potential danger itself.

Dogs with no homes or dogs that occasionally stray are considered dogs-at-large and cause most of the problems in our attempts to protect people and property.

No dog shall be allowed to run at large or trespass on private property even when on a leash. Any dog running at large may be taken by the Animal Control Officer to the local pound. Any person owning a dog is responsible for cleaning up after it.

 Stoop and Scoop

Dog owners (and walkers) are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Our neighbourhoods are for the use and enjoyment of all residents. Please carry a scoop and bag when with your dog off your property, and help keep our Municipality clean.

 The Animal Control Officer is Robert Trick, who may be reached at 519-523-4387.

 Contact us if you have questions

Central Huron • 519-482-3997 • Contact Us