Home > Municipal Guide > Departments > Treasury > Budgets
Central Huron's 2013 Budget passed on April 16, 2013
with an overall tax rate decrease of 1.7%.
Please click HERE to view the Bylaw.
Please Click HERE to view the Budget Summaries for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Described below is the budget process for the Municipality of Central Huron. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- The Treasurer assists each Manager with department budgets and provides financial data and support as required.
- The Department managers organize individual committee meetings to review their departmental budgets.
- The Manager of each department forwards the committee budget to the Treasurer for a final editing and printing in preparation for presentation to Council.
- Each department manager makes a budget presentation to Council at a public budget meeting.
- Committees will review capital budgets with joint participation between departments as required.
- Committees will present a coordinated and documented five year plan to Council at a scheduled budget meeting.
- Council will review capital budgets along with the operational budgets.
- The Treasurer will present tax rate implications to Council.
- Council will direct the staff of any further changes required. (ie. cuts/savings)
- The final budget presentation to Council will be at a scheduled budget meeting.
- Passing of the tax rate by-law will take place at a scheduled Council meeting.
Central Huron • 519-482-3997 • Contact Us