Mid-Huron Recycling Centre
As of July 3, 2018 the site at the entrance of the former Mid-Huron Landfill began operating as the Mid-Huron Recycling Centre servicing the Municipality of Central Huron, the Municipality of Huron East and the Town of Goderich.
Tipping Fee - $120.00 per metric tonneMinimum Charge - $20.00 up to 100 kg
- $40.00 101 kg up to 200 kg
Freon Removal - $35.00 $20.00 (minimum charge)
Bulk Items (ie; mattress, box spring, sofas) - $20.00 each
E-waste, tires & hazardous waste - Free
**It is advised to contact Mid-Huron Landfill Site before your visit to ensure they are able to accept your items - 519-482-7668**
Effective July 3, 2018, the hours will be Tuesday to Saturday 8 am to 1 pm. The site will be closed on all Statutory Holidays.
The following recyclable materials will be accepted at the site and unloaded into designated areas: white goods, shingles, clean wood products, steel, e-waste and tires. Please note the following conditions:
• Curbside Collection is not accepted
• Mixed loads of waste materials must be sorted manually and unloaded into designated areas/bins
• Separate loads i.e. shingles or construction material, must be unloaded into designated bunkers.
If you are a Central Huron resident in need of curbside garbage collection service – please contact the Bluewater Recycling Association for details at 519-228-6678 M-F from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Hazardous Waste continues to be accepted from all Municipalities in Huron County at the former Mid-Huron Landfill site. ACCEPTED HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE INCLUDES:
- Acids and Alkalines
- Batteries (Wet and Dry Cell)
- Florescent Bulbs and Compact Florescent Bulbs
- Household Cleaners and Detergents
- Lawn and Garden Chemicals
- Mercury Switches and Thermostats
- Miscellaneous Organic Waste Chemicals
- Miscellaneous Waste Inorganic Chemicals
- Motor Oil and other Automotive Fluids
- Other Inorganic Sludges, Slurries or Solids
- Paints, Pigments and Coatings
- Paints, Stains and related Solvents/ Acids and Chemical Strippers
- Petroleum Distillates
- Prescription Medicines,
- Syringes and Sharps contained in glass, metal or hard plastic container with screw top lid
- Waste Compressed Gas including Cylinders
- Waxes and Polishes
Note: Hazardous Waste should remain In Its original container
No PCB"s, commercial,, infectious or radioactive wastes will be accepted.